If you are eager to marry the one you love, but not so keen on sharing the day with a cast of thousands, Vows Now can help you to elope. At Vows Now, on the NSW Central Coast, we specialise in simple, fuss-free wedding ceremonies. You can avoid the frenzy that comes with choosing venues, cakes, flowers, bridesmaids and wedding accoutrement to make your wedding date wholly and solely about your comitment to each other. What’s not to love about that?
Don’t just take it from me, (a former elopee) that a wedding just for two is a great idea.
I surveyed a bunch of former Vows Now Brides on Facebook.
Check out what they came up with as their top 10 reasons to elope:
- 1. You minimize stress.
- 2. You can have your choice of location. Beaches, backyards, balconies, lookouts, cafés are all great Central Coast wedding locations and fine with me.
- 3. You can be less formal. Maybe you don’t want to wear a white dress, maybe you do? There are no dress rules with a civil ceremony…just be yourself and be comfortable.
- 4. You might have better things to spend your money on. Honeymoon? House?
- 5. Maybe you don’t want a ‘big day’? Perhaps spending your lives together is more important to you than throwing a big party for family and friends?
- 6. It’s fun to surprise all of your friends and family! You can make a one off announcement via Social Media to share your news. Chances are it will be received with joy and congratulations rather than the rush of opinion of what you ‘should do’.
- 7. You don’t have to fuss. If you want to marry in a romantic location, (like beside a waterfall you once found when you went bush-walking), that is special to just the two of you, there is no need to worry about logistics of getting the guests to the venue…just the Celebrant & witnesses.
- 8. It is truly romantic. You are totally focussed on the act of committing to each other, rather than details of a large party.
- 9. You are happier and calmer when you can both be yourselves. Sure you will be nervous, but that is normal when making a big decision. Any nerves will quickly be replaced by a wonderful euphoria that you really did Get JUST Married®.
- 10. Often there is no way that you can please everyone, so you may as well just be selfish and please yourselves.
Eloping was my husband’s idea.
“You organise it, tell me where to turn up, we’ll just sign the papers and go. OK?”
We both wore jeans, said the minimum legal wording and were out of there faster than you can say “You may now kiss the bride”. It was perfect...because that was exactly what we wanted.
If any of the top 10 reasons to elope are your idea of perfect, give me a call on 0429 2 ELOPE (0429 2 35673) so we can help make your wedding day ALL about you.